Asian Cabbage and Chicken Salad
There are many versions of this fabulous recipe, and after trying a few different combinations, this Asian Cabbage and Chicken Salad is just perfect! Just the right amount of crunch, nuts, seeds, chicken and dressing. It's a hit every time. Full of flavor, texture, and oh so healthy.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 head cabbage
1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds
Asian Salad Dressing
1/2 small garlic clove, finely grated
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Bake chicken in oven, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove, let cool and shred. Set aside. (Note: the chicken can be prepared a day ahead).
3. Combine garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, olive oil and sesame oil in a glass bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
4. Core and thinly slice cabbage head. Chop and toss in a large bowl.
5. Add cooled chicken to the bowl and drizzle dressing over the mixture. Toss to coat.
6. Add green onion, sunflower seeds and almonds to the bowl. Toss to coat.
7. Serve and enjoy!