Shrimp and Asparagus Linguine in a Lemony Cream Sauce
Fresh, light and super delicious! Each bite contains succulent shrimp, lightly sauteed asparagus and healthy whole wheat pasta blanketed in a light cream sauce with a touch of lemon. This is a great dish to share with friends and family; especially shrimp fans!
|"Fresh, Light, Delicious ~ it's a hit!"|
1 lb. whole wheat linguine (gluten free or your favorite pasta)
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2/3 cup chicken stock
Zest from one lemon
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. shallot, finely chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed and shopped
1 lb. fresh shrimp
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
Juice from one lemon
1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse, toss with 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine heavy cream, Greek yogurt and chicken stock. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce begins to thicken (about 10 minutes.)
3. Note: If you prefer a thicker sauce, add 1 Tbs. flour; stir to remove all lumps.
4. Remove sauce from heat, add lemon zest and white pepper, stir and set aside.
5. In a large skillet, sauté shallots, garlic, shrimp, and asparagus in olive oil over medium heat. Cook until shrimp are opaque (about 4-8 minutes depending on the size of shrimp you are using).
6. Sprinkle parsley and lemon juice over shrimp mixture and give it a quick stir.
7. Add sauce to pan, mix well and bring to a low boil.
8. Add pasta and gently mix to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes to heat.
9. Sprinkle Feta over each dish.
10. Serve and enjoy!