Prosciutto, Asparagus and Fig Cream Sauce Over Linguini
|"A unique melody of flavors in a light Parmesan sauce envelop the linguine!"|
8 oz. linguine noodles
12-16 slices of prosciutto
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
12-14 fresh figs, thinly sliced
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Fresh ground pepper
Have all items measured and ready before cooking pasta.
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Once it is cooked a minute shy of completion, remove from heat and set aside. Do not drain.
2. Tear prosciutto into 3-4 sections and drop into a large skillet.
3. Add asparagus and sauté on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Asparagus will brighten.
4. Lower heat to medium; add 1/2 cup of the pasta water and heavy cream, stir.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and gently stir to combine (about 2 more minutes). Parmesan cheese will melt into cream.
6. Add linguine noodles (drain first). Stir.
7. Toss in figs and season with pepper to taste. Gently stir to combine all ingredients.
8. Serve and enjoy!