Cornbread Stuffing with Cranberries and Pecans
If you're looking for a signature stuffing for this year's feast, give this recipe a try. The cornbread and cranberries combine for fabulous flavor! Each of the ingredients delight your pallet with both taste and texture. It will become a favorite for years to come.
|"The cornbread and cranberries combine for fabulous flavor ~ it will |
become a family favorite for years to come!"
1 lb. pork sausage, crumbled
3/4 cup celery, chopped
3/4 cup onion, chopped
3/4 cup kale, ribs removed and chopped
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
6 cups cornbread, loosely crumbled
1 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
Salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. In a large skillet, cook the pork sausage until all pink is gone. Drain excess fat.
2. Add celery, onion and kale; sauté for 3-5 minutes, vegetables will soften. Remove from heat.
3. In a very large bowl, combine cranberries, pecans, cornbread, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine ingredients well.
4. Add sausage mixture to the bowl; gently toss to ensure all ingredients are combined.
5. Scoop mixture into a glass baking dish and gently press down.
6. Pour chicken broth over mixture.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!