Turkey Pot Pie Soup
Turkey Pot Pie Soup gives you the best of both worlds ~ baked pot pie flavor in a warm and filling bowl of soup. Packed with turkey and vegetables, each spoonful is a treat for your taste buds. You can also prepare with baked chicken.
10 cups chicken broth
3 cups potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into pieces
2 cups carrots (about 4 medium), cut into ½” slices
1 large onion, loosely chopped
3 cups celery (about 3 celery ribs), cut into ½” slices
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 Tbs. thyme
3 teaspoons nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups corn, frozen or canned
2 cups peas, frozen or canned
5-6 cups turkey (or chicken), cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
1. In a large stock pot over medium heat; cook the potatoes, carrots, onions and celery in the chicken broth until vegetables are tender. (20-25 minutes)
4. Reduce heat and slowly stir in the heavy cream.
5. Add the fresh parsley, thyme and nutmeg; stir to combine seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the corn, peas and turkey. Gently stir to combine all ingredients.
7. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!