Lamb Meatballs Mediterranean Style
These Mediterranean style meatballs are a perfect appetizer or starter. Enjoy with a tossed salad and make it a meal. The flavors combine for mouthwatering bite after bite!
|"The flavor combination is incredible!"|
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 lb. ground lamb
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 egg, scrambled
1/2 cup bread crumbs (substitute for gluten free)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/8 cup red onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 cup dried parsley (or 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 Tbs. of olive oil all of the other ingredients. Be sure to combine well so seasonings are well distributed.
2. Roll lamb mixture into individual meatballs; approximately 1 1/2” diameter.
3. Add remaining 2 Tbs. of olive oil to a large sauté pan. Set heat to medium.
4. Place meatballs in warmed sauté pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally.
5. Serve with Greek yogurt, Tzatziki sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce.