All I can say is YUM! I should have made a double-batch!
|"Chock full of Southwestern flavors ~ not your every day meatloaf!"|
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 pounds ground pork
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup red and yellow bell peppers, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup taco sauce
2 eggs, scrambled
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large bowl, combine ground meats.
2. Add tortilla chips, onion, bell pepper and corn. Mix well.
3. Add tomatoes, taco sauce, eggs and cilantro. Sprinkle seasonings over mixture.
4. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, kneed mixture until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
5. Form mixture into two loaves (or one long large loaf).
6. Place in glass baking dish and bake for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes.
7. Let sit a few minutes before cutting.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Note: This freezes well and also re-heats well.