Bruschetta Topped with Fig, Feta and Honey
|"The touch of honey ties together the feta and fresh fig. |
A unique and flavorful appetizer!
1 loaf crusty bread, cut into 1/2"-3/4” slices
2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup pine nuts
4 fresh figs, thinly sliced
1/4 cup honey
1. Lay bread slices on baking sheet and lightly toast both sides of the bread under the broiler (1-2 minutes per side).
2. Remove bread from oven.
3. Sprinkle feta cheese evenly over the bread slices.
4. Lay 2-3 fig slices on each bread slice.
5. Divide pine nuts between the bread slices; lightly press into topping.
6. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes; figs will begin to sizzle and pine nuts will begin to toast.
7. Remove from oven; plate and drizzle with honey.
8. Serve and enjoy!