Pesto Alfredo Tortellini & Chicken Bake
|"Fresh tortellini and sauteed vegetables |
combine with tender bites of chicken;
the light pesto cream sauce envelopes the entire dish!"
20 ounce package of fresh tortellini (cheese filled, I prefer the tri-color)
5 Tbs. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
Salt and pepper
2 zucchini, medium size sliced in half and cut into 1/4” pieces
2 yellow squash, medium size sliced in half and cut into 1/4” pieces
1 container cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
3 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup pesto sauce
3 cups Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a large skillet, sauté onions in 3 Tbs. olive oil until they soften, 5-7 minutes.
2. Season chicken with salt & pepper to taste; add chicken to the skillet and sauté until chicken is just cooked through. Cover and set aside.
3. In a separate skillet, sauté zucchini and yellow squash in 2 Tbs. olive oil to soften; and tomatoes to the skillet and sauté a minute or two longer. Cover and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, combine heavy cream, pesto, white pepper and 1 cup Parmesan cheese. Simmer on low until cheese melts. Set aside.
5. Cook tortellini according to the package directions. Drain.
6. In a large glass casserole dish, combine contents from both skillets.
7. Sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan cheese, add the tortellini and gently toss to combine.
8. Pour sauce over the dish; top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake for 20 minutes covered; remove foil and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!