Andouille Sausage, White Bean and Chicken Casserole
With the cooler months upon us, casserole are calling my name. This Andouille Sausage, White Bean and Chicken Casserole is absolutely delicious. Great for a week night meal or serve with crusty bread and salad for friends. It sure to please!
|"Packed with rich and flavorful ingredients; |
this casserole won't disappoint!"
2 cans white Navy or cannellini, Northern, drained
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
12 oz. Andouille sausage, 1/2" slices
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs and/or breasts
Sea salt and pepper to taste
2 large onions, coarsely chopped
4 carrots, coarsely chopped
4 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
4 cups chicken stock
6-8 fresh tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 Tbs. thyme
2 bay leaves
1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon and sausage until cooked through (8-9 minutes). Remove bacon and sausage from skillet and place in large bowl.
2. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in skillet; about 4 minutes for each side. Remove from pan and add to large bowl.
3. Add onions, carrots, and celery to skillet and sauté for 6 minutes to soften vegetables. Add garlic and sauté for a minute longer.
4. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, beans, thyme, and bay leaves. Simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off heat, remove bay leaves and stir in parsley.
5. In a large glass casserole dish, add chicken and sausage mixture from bowl. Spread mixture so chicken pieces are distributed evenly.
6. Carefully pour bean and vegetable mixture over the chicken and sausage.
7. Place casserole in oven and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
8. Serve and enjoy!